A ten-man Manchester City illustrated their resilience as they claimed all three points against Nottingham Forest.
Despite playing the second half with only ten men, the Blues dug deep to see out the win.
Rodri was sent off in the 46th minute following an altercation with Gibbs-White.
There were five key points to take away from the game however.
1. Foden asserted himself as a senior presence, both in the first half when the Blues were smashing it. And in the second half when some heads were temporarily lost.
He put in an incredible defensive shift following his attacking masterclass.
2. Ederson proves his doubters wrong. The keeper has made some excellent saves over the last twelve months and has found his hero cape form.
3. Doku brings a new dimension to the City squad and Guardiola absolutely loves him.
4. Manchester City are no longer shaky in defence. In a new Pep era, City’s defence is more solid than ever. Being a man down and conceding few chances from Nottingham Forest shows the defensive work that has been done.
5. Phillips got a chance to prove himself, but moving forward this could mean a lack of control during games.