Manchester City are confident of Bernardo Silva signed a new contract to stay with the club. Reports have emerged overnight that the Premier League champions believe their star midfielder is likely to stay at the club.
Bernardo Silva latest👇🏻https://t.co/IPFJC5rUDh
— Paul Hirst (@hirstclass) August 7, 2023
Bernardo has wanted to leave the treble winners for family reasons. Hirst reports that his preferred destination would be Barcelona so he could be closer to family in Portugal. The La Liga champion’s financial situation has meant they are unable to put together a suitable deal for Manchester City to consider selling their star.
Transfer expert Fabrizio Romano reports that the champion’s new contract proposal has been sent to Bernardo Silva. He adds to his report that Pep Guardiola’s side has told both Barcelona and PSG that the club will not negotiate any sale of the midfielder. Romano also adds that the treble winners are confident that their key man will sign a new contract.
Understand Manchester City’s new deal proposal has now been officially sent to Bernardo Silva. 🚨🔵🇵🇹
As revealed last week, City told PSG and Barça with formal message that they will NOT negotiate for Bernardo.
City are confident to get Bernardo’s final green light to new deal. pic.twitter.com/zt0N4H3H1k
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 7, 2023
Reports of a new deal possibly being agreed with one of City’s most important players point to the best possible outcome for Pep Guardiola’s side. If Bernardo does sign a new deal, it will finally end the annual speculation on his future with the Premier League champions.