Manchester City claimed a history making victory against Manchester United in the FA Cup final on Saturday.
1. Gundogan’s legendary status
2. Manchester City are writing history
Illustrated by their on-field success and record-breaking achievements, Manchester City is a “historic” side.
3. Phil Foden is the future of City’s midfield
Foden has been trusted in the centre of the park more often by Pep Guardiola. Given that the homegrown talent is traditionally a midfielder, it will be a positive transition for him.
4. Is that John Stones or Beckenbauer?
Stones with a phenomenal display on Saturday impressed the masses. Despite being a defender, he has the grace, skill and intelligence to step into midfield.
He took on a hybrid role this season following Pep Guardiola’s tactical tweak.
5. The boys must step up the gears for the Champions League final
While the Cup was won comfortably, Manchester City never stepped out of first gear. Without doubt, they will need to up their game significantly to secure themselves as European Champions.